By Unknown

Agenda: A Quick Review

Agenda is a new productivity app for the elementary OS desktop by Dane Henson.
Agenda is intentionally a very lightweight, minimalist app. It opens with a clean slate.
Adding items to your agenda is simple. The tasks appear in the order you've added them.
However, in my particular case, I wanted to drink my beer before going to bed. Tasks are easily dragged to their new order.

What works?
This is a strong first app by Dane. Here's what I like:
  • Intuitive, minimalist design.
  • Although I didn't love the pop-up interface at first, I grew to enjoy it as I used it more. It fits the philosophy.
  • The drag-and-drop was a bit ugly, but it worked exactly as it should.

What doesn't work?
  • It has no ability to set deadlines.
  • It also doesn't allow agenda items to split into smaller tasks.
  • It seems like this is more of a panel applet than a full-fledged application. Maybe a panel icon?
  • There are a few bugs as expected. This is the daily-unstable build we're talking about here.

The bottom line
This is a great little app that I plan to use if it adds just a few more features. While rough around the edges, it shows great promise.

To install:
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:agenda-developers/daily
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install agenda-tasks