By Unknown

Creating Web-Apps (Part 1)

This is the first article in a four-part series describing how to create web-apps in elementary OS. Today we will look at the unique app, Fogger.

Install Fogger

Before you can create a Fogger app, you need to install Fogger first. In the terminal: sudo add-apt-repository ppa:loneowais/fogger
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install fogger

Create your first app.

Open Fogger, paste in the URL, add a name, and add an icon if you don't like the default Fogger icon.
That's it. You've created your first web app.

Theme it up!

In my city, we have a transit-tracker for the bus and train system. The site looks like this for my stop:
It's not horrible, but I'm a minimalist kind of guy. By opening the app preferences, you can edit the style under the "Customization" tab. Simply create a new file called style.css. Add any CSS rules in this file.

For my transit-tracker application, I themed away most things to only give me essential information.
You can also add scripts as well. Enjoy!